Possession of Cocaine
Penalties for possession of cocaine are stiff. Even if you are caught with a small amount, you could be convicted of a Class 4 felony. Whether rock cocaine or powder, you need a Chicago criminal defense attorney who will challenge the validity of your charges. Police occasionally overstep the boundaries of the Constitution that could result in the suppression of evidence or even dismissal of your case. These include illegal searches based on consent by someone without authority to consent, lack of reasonable suspicion, searches that exceed the scope of the search authorized by a judge, and overstepping the boundaries of a warrant. Call the Illinois Drug and Narcotics lawyer now at 773-624-8366. The consultation is free and the attorney is available 24/7.
Illinois Penalties-Possession of Cocaine
- Less than 15 grams = Class 4 Felony
- Not less than 15 grams, but less than 100 grams = not less than 4 years and not more than 15 years;
- Not less than 100 grams, but less than 400 grams = not less than 6 years and not more than 30 years;
- Not less than 400 grams, but less than 900 grams = not less than 8 years and not more than 40 years;
- Not less than 900 grams = not less than 10 years and not more than 50 years.
** In addition to any sentence, you may also be fined for the street value of the drugs found, or up to $200,000 USD.